Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In The A.M.

Yesterday we went up to Perisher at 7am. This meant I had to set an alarm for 5:45. I actually took great pleasure in this as my room mate is an alpine skier who has been waking me up at this time for the past week. Yesterday was his day off, so I meticulously went through my iTunes searching for the most brutal song I could find. I settled for Woldgangs 5th Symphony. It was quite succesful at getting an uprising from Mitch.

Benny and I hit the road at around 6:15 at which point the road looked like this.


It was pretty dark when we pulled into the carpark. It felt like we were going night shredding with Front Valley all lit up.


The sun was just poking its head out as the T-Bar started running. The sky was pretty amazing at this time of day.


We spent a while cutting turns next to the T-Bar until the park opened (the park is really fun considering the lack of snow). Then we just rode the park until the lift lines got ridiculously busy. School Holdiays are horrendous, every lift line I could see was over flowing. No fun at all.

I think we are going to try do some more early mornings. If the weather gets any better... we copped a fair bit of rain again last night. Cannot wait to get to NZ.

Until next time.
JKW