Friday, July 16, 2010

Surf Safari

Yesterday was my day off snow. So rather than sitting around in my cabin at the Sport and Rec Centre (Where I live up here in Jindy) all day I went surfing with my coach, Benny A and one of the moguls coaches, Jerry.

We left Sport and Rec at about 6:15 another morning on the road before the sun was up...


It took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to Merimbula where we got Maccas before going to check the surf. There were'nt really any good waves breaking around Merimbula so we drove a little further north to Tathra.


I had an awesome time, it was so good to get in the water, even though it felt like I had never surfed before. Jerry and Benny both got some pretty sweet waves. I definately have the urge to go back really soon. These are some photo's I took during the day...

This is Tura Beach.. obviously there was no surf, so we moved on.


The Lagoon at Nelson Bay (where we ended up surfing at Tathra)


This one is just a pic I snapped from the dunes.


This is Jerry when he got out of the water. As you can see by the look on his face he was stoked on life.


I hope to go on another surfing adventure soon! Hopefully next time I do better, but either way I'm sure it will be just as fun.

JW