Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cardies Closure

Today I woke up, rolled over, grabbed my laptop and checked the web report for Cardrona. This is what I saw.


It's easy to see why when you look at this webcam of the halfpipe.


I promise you that is the halfpipe.

Based on this intel we pretty much wrote the day off, the boys had a sleep in and I watched a doco on submarines... but then we got a call from Coach saying that snowpark was sunny. Initially I thought it was a joke but when I looked on the webcam I could'nt beleive my eyes, it was sunny. We ended up going to Snow Park even if it was just to get out of the house but it turned out to be a pretty fun day. We shredded the jib line [the fresh snow and strong winds did'nt allow us to ride anthing else] but that was ok with me as I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time I spent a day hitting nothing but rails and boxes.

Fingers crossed the weather clears up soon.
JKW