Friday, September 3, 2010

Earthquake!!!

This morning at about 5am I woke to my bed wobbling, the hanging light swinging and the walls swaying. I though I must've just been having a dream, but then I realized Nate was awake to and he confirmed that I wasn't crazy and it definatley felt like the house was about to fall over. The tremers continued for a few miutes and I was pretty quick to fall back asleep. [I stole this photo from the internet]


When I eventually got out of bed, I mentioned it to the boys, who slept through it and attributed these happenings to a ghost, and our Coach, Benny, who said he felt it also... we joked that it was an earthquake, but sure enough when we flicked over to the News channel we found out that a 7.4 magnitude earthquake hit about 30 clicks out of Christchurch [I should mention that we are about a 6 hour drive from Christchurch]. Check out this video of the damage.



JW