Monday, April 12, 2010

2 Days in Cali

Yesterday I got back to Colorado from Bakersfield, California.
I know your thinking one of two things: Where the heck is Bakersfield? or; Why would you go there? Well it is in the middle of California [about 2 hours from L.A.] and I went there to visit My Aunty Lindy, Uncle Trevor [who I had not seen for 6 years or so] and cousins Mason and Hayley.

I did not have any expectations of Bakersfield or if there would be anything at all to do there. I was just happy to see my family. To my surprise we managed to have alot of fun and get alot done in the short amount of time I was there.

On the first day Lindy showed me the in's and out's of their suburban lifestyle - we dropped the kids at school, went for a bike ride and did some shopping. It's crazy there are these oil derricks in the most random places. Absoluteley everywhere. We had a BBQ for dinner that night, outside by the pool. It was so nice to be in warm weather for once.

This one of the derricks that was just on the side of the bike track.


This is the outdoor area where we ate dinner.


The second day we washed the dogs, went up to the bluffs to look down over Oil Dale where the bulk of the Oil Derricks is. It is crazy they are everywhere. As far as the eye can see.


We also went to the Moo Ice Cremery where they have odd flavours including Bacon, Guiness and Wine amongst others. I went for the Jalepeno and Rasberry which was awesome!


After cramming so much into such little time we were all knackered and fell asleep on the couch for the whole afternoon before catching a movie and going out for dinner - it does'nt sound like much but we had an awesome time... and it was well worth the 8 hours of travel.


JW.