Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Ending.

My trip is quickly coming to an end with only 6 more days til' I fly out home to Aus. The past few weeks have been pretty stock standard. Alot of snowboarding and not much else.

This week The Boys (Pat & Jase) and I have been preparing for the USASA nationals which is tommorow at Copper. It should be a fun event, and a good last chance opportunity to catch up with friend before I leave. However the weather is supposed to be horrendous - but hey, it's a comp day, what more can we expect?

I went to dinner last night with The Boys, Benny (Our Coach) and Sav (Jr Team Coach) at Kemo Sabe Sushi and Saki in Frisco. We sat in one of the back rooms where you sit Japanese style on the ground. Now Benny reckons Kemo Sabe can be a bit hit & miss in terms of quality in comparison to the Mountain Flying Fish in Breck, but last night it was pretty damn good ["I will remember that Unagi for a long time"]. My favourite thing on the menu would have to have been the jalapeno shooters which are tempura jalapeno's wrapped in tuna in a shot glass with sauce... so good!


This is a photo I poached from Patto [http://patrickdavismeehan.com/]

After nationals I am flying to California for a few days just to visit a few people before coming back to Colorado to pick up my bags (which are going to be wayyy over weight) and say a few more goodbyes before heading home on the 13th.

I will let you know how I go at nationals and am sure to be bored enough to do a couple of updates during my travels. So keep posted.

JW