Monday, August 23, 2010

Junior Worlds: Qualification

We left home at about 7am this morning for the boys to compete in the first heat. To be honest I was in the cafe when they were comepting so I'm not sure how they rode. Nate qualified through to Semi's though, coming 3rd in the first heat.

I headed up to the pipe a bit before 10am for training. The pipe was in incredible shape and there was not one cloud in the sky. I did two training runs before the heat started. I dropped around the middle of my heat and landed my first run [The same run I was doing during the Northen Winter - Cab 7, Front 9, Back 9, Straight Air], it was a bit scrappy though. In my second run I kooked my Frontside 9 and ended up with the wind knocked out of me and a bloody nose. I ended up 7th in my heat... about 22nd overall. I missed out on finals by just .1 of a point, which is kind of upsetting but I'm sure I will get over it.

Scotty James came 5th in the third heat, which put him through to Semi's. It should be a good event to watch tommorow [Even though I'd much rather be in it than spectating] as there is alot of talented kids from all over the world here.

This is what Cadrona was looking like this morning... I can think of alot worse places to be.


It's Jason's 19th birthday today [HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASE!] so I think we are heading out to dinner to celebrate.

JW