Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sled Doggin!

So today, Jeanie, one of the Junior Team members parents were kind enough to take us dog sledding. 11 of us (Jase, Pat, Myself and the Jr Team + Coaches) went to Good Times which is a snow adventure place just a few Km's up the road.

The dogs were so cute! We were all pretty tempted to kidnap one. We went out for about an hour or so. We each took turns of driving the sled, and being in the passenger seat. The dogs followed a snowmobile driven by the guide and everyone else in the group sat on a trailer behind the Snowmobile. Our guide Brandon told me that some of the dogs were up for adoption via their website... I would love to adopt one of them if only I lived in the states. Here are some photos from the days adventures (I have more on my camera, I will put them up once I can get them off)

This is Shylah, a Red Husky. Probably the cutest, and the only female on our line.


Me and the Dogs about to go for a run.


Jeanie and Patto hooking around a corner. Yeti and Mylo are the lead dogs.


A couple of the dog's just mucking about in between runs. I think one of these was named Data and Cletus was the dark one. Cletus was always raring to go, and didn't like it all that much when we stopped.


Overall it was an epic experience that I will never forget, possibly the best day off I have ever had.
JW